WHM stands for Web Host Manager. As the name suggests, this product is targeted towards resellers or small web hosting companies. The primary purpose of WHM is to provide server administrators and resellers access to various server tools and functions.
Listed here are a few tools and functions of WHM:
- Configure reseller and end-user accounts
- Configure DNS
- Establish specific service packages that are included in various web hosting plans
- Set up cPanel
- Establish the skeleton (minimal) files and folders that are included in a new account
- Add, delete, or modify IP addresses
- Establish bandwidth and storage quotas
- Monitor account activity
- Begin, suspend, or terminate account services
- Enable branding on reseller accounts
- Set up email, including modifying MX entries
Can I upgrade my existing cPanel account to WHM?
We are unable to update single domain hosting accounts to WHM - all WHM accounts utilise different infrastructure and a new set of software and libraries targeted towards reseller requirements. To upgrade your existing hosting service to WHM:
- Order a new RESELLER account from our Sales department and submit a support ticket to us. We will upgrade your existing cPanel account to WHM.
If you require assistance with any migration, we provide free migration service for new orders.
How to I locate/access my cPanel WHM reseller hosting?
You can find your cPanel WHM details within the email we sent you after your order is activated.
- Log in to your Admin Panel
- We provide you with the following information:
- ?cPanel/WHM login links
- ?Namerservers and steps to create your own private nameservers for free
- ?Direct management link to your cPanel WHM interface
How do I add an account (domain)?
You will need to create a package within WHM before you can add a new account.
Now that you have created a package, you can add your first domain name through your Web Host Manager.
- Log in to WHM
- Locate 'Create a New Account' (under 'Account Functions')
- Enter the Domain you wish to create (exclude the www - for example, mydomainname.com)
- The Username will auto-generate, enter a password for the account or use the password generator
- Choose the package you created earlier in the 'Choose a Package' drop down and Click 'Create'
- WHM will create the cPanel account for the domain name. It will also create the DNS records and provide an output on completion
How do I access the domain after it has been created?
WHM allows you to manage all the accounts you create using the 'List Accounts' function. List accounts provides a listing of all your customer accounts. You can click the cPanel icon next to each domain name to access the customer interface (cPanel) for each domain.
What is a package?
A package is a collection of predefined specifications which defines how many resources a user or domain name has access to. For example, you may choose to sell 2 plans called Basic and Business. You would define a limited amount of resources for the Basic plan (Disk 30GB, Bandwidth 300GB and 30 email accounts), whereas you would provide a full featured option for the Business plan (disk 100GB, bandwidth 1000GB and 100 email accounts).
The limitations which you may set are as follows:
- Quota (MB) ? Disk space in megabytes available for the cPanel account
- Bandwidth (MB) ? Data transfer in megabytes available for the cPanel account
- Max FTP Accounts
- Max Email Accounts
- Max Email Lists
- Max Databases
- Max Sub Domains
- Max Parked Domains
- Max Addon Domains
How do I suspend and unsuspend an account?
You can suspend and unsuspend an account through your WHM:
- Log in to WHM
- Click 'Manage Accont Suspension' (under 'Account Functions')
- Highlight the domain
- Click 'Suspend/Unsuspend'
How do I reset the password for an account?
- Log in to WHM
- Locate 'Password Modification' (under 'Account Functions')
- Select the domain name and type the new password
- Click 'Change Password' and it?s done
When creating packages I am unable to allow SSH access. Can I allow or have access to my files via Shell / SSH?
SSH has been disabled - we currently manage a controlled environment for our WHM services. Providing SSH access limits the security we can provide on our reseller hosting plans.
If you require SSH access, we also have Virtual Private Servers (VPS) available, which offer full control of your account. You can enquire about our VPS through our sales team.